We are pleased to offer you our recommendations built over the years of vacationing in Rosarito Beach. We either frequent these places or have heard wonderful things about them from other vacationers. We sincerely hope this will be of assistance in planning your visit!
|1) El Nido’s: Outstanding authentic Mexican cuisine in a natural authentic Mexican atmosphere with fountains, aviaries, freshly made tortillas on-site! Great service! Ask for the Rainforest Garden Room in the back! Great bar with excellent margaritas. Parking is available in front or on the side street for El Nido’s customers. Just 1 mile north of La Paloma on the west side of the main street. Look for prominent signage on the roof! Vension, quail, rabbit, steak, and lobster are offered here. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!||
NOTE: You will find that many of our recommendations are within a mile of La Paloma.
2) O’Susanna: This is another dining establishment we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. This is fine dining that surpass most American restaurants in quality and attention to detail. Located half a block north of El Nido’s in “Pueblo Plaza” where you can also enjoy authentic dancers on weekend afternoons! www.susannasinrosarito.com. (661) 612-1187.
3) Capuchino’s Coffee & Fresh Home-Made Pastries: Coffee café complete with pastries set just north and across the street from El Nido’s. Also try the fresh fruit and ice cream next door!
4) Cousteau’s: French cuisine at it’s finest! Scheduled live entertainment! Try the Roquefort stuffed filet mignon for a bite of heaven! Great staff, food, and ambience! Located across the street from “El Nido’s”.
5) Rosarito Beach Hotel: Lots of nightlife and dining (within walking distance of La Paloma)! Check out their schedule! Saturdays nights are great for families! Check out their karaoke bar also! Try attending one of their Mexican fiestas! Be sure to get validated parking to save a bundle! Arrange wine tours further south or whale-watching tours through this hotel.
6) Mama Mia: We also recommend the on-site restaurant found at La Paloma next to the Security Station. Their food is good at affordable prices and the service is excellent (see menu). Room delivery can be arranged. While you are here, do pick up a free copy of the Baja Times newspaper. It is in English and will give you a lot of information on the local events that you may be interested in attending during your stay. This schedule of local events is also accessible at www.rosaritotowncrier.com.
7) Betuccini’s Pizzaeria & Trattoria: Italian food [brick oven pizza] excellent lasagna. 1 block from La Paloma to the north (west side).
8) Village of Popotola: Quaint fishing village identified by the prominent arch at its entrance on the west side of the free road south of La Paloma and north of Foxploxration. We prefer the authenticity to Puerto Nuevo located further south. This humble village features the most fresh seafood. This is where the fishermen land their catch. Spend some time viewing the “catch of the day” arriving! Try whole fish, octopus, shrimp, or everything else!
9) La Casa del Pescador: 20 minutes south from La Paloma @ Puerto Nuevo village, drive west down main st towards ocean at dead end turn left Restarurant on right.
10) Tapanco steak house and coffee shop: 5 minutes south from La Paloma
11) Puerto Nuevo Lobster Village: 25 minutes South of La Paloma
1) Casa Playa Spa: The best spa in Rosarito Beach located within the Rosarito Beach Hotel!
2) Fausto & Polanco: Elegant old Mexico furniture. Shop where the affluent locals shop! Found on the north end of the town past Smart & Final – East side of road.
1) La Paloma Clubhouse: There is free WiFi access at the main clubhouse.
2) La Paloma WIVC Office: La Paloma offers internet access for a nominal fee in the office. Available Mon-Sat 9am-5pm and Sunday 11am-5pm.
3) Baja Chat: For more extended sessions, you will be more comfortable at the Baja Chat found at the entrance to the Rosarito Beach Hotel in the town of Rosarito Beach. www.bajachat.com.
1) Rosarito Beach Hotel: Review their schedule of hotel-sponsored events! Schedule wine tours, Le Bufadora (the famous Blow-Hole near Ensenada), or whale-watching tours through RBH. Get validation for your parking ticket to save a bundle!
2) Rosarito Theatre Guild: Located 2 miles North of La Paloma.
3) Horseback Riding: The vendor with the large yellow sign found on the free road between La Paloma and the town of Rosarito Beach have well-trained and tame horses that you can ride safely. Parking is provided by this vendor while you ride the horses.
1) Smart and Final: Bulk and assorted American food 1 mile north of La Paloma on the main street. Fresh herbs and grocery items, fruits, vegetables!
2) Subway, Domino’s Pizza, and Thrifty Ice Cream: First two also deliver!
3) 7/11: For basic groceries, this is just across the street from La Paloma! Mostly sugar laden items as in the U.S. They have double cheeseburgers that beat junk food for an on-the-run meal, and coffee!